Saturday, May 17, 2014

San Juan Bautista

Those of you who know Jenny know that she would be fascinated by old California missions. We spent one morning wandering around San Juan Bautista. Here's pictures:




I'm pretty sure this guy is doing a sun salutation.



This is the holy water thing. I love the colors and folk art.


This is the BVM, Mary to those of you who don't speak Catholic. She's wearing a prom dress. In some churches, they change her dress every day.




On the way home, we drove through a local park and saw this sign:


There was a huge barbecue spit nearby. Coincidence? I don't think so.

We also met this guy:


His name is Dan and he and his wife are the caretakers of the park. Apparently, the boars come down from wherever they come from up in the hills and root around in the ground when it's wet. Since there is a drought here, we didn't see any. But we did see this sign while in San Juan Bautista.


As you can see, boars are among the things not allowed. Nor are dogs. Or people.

Back in camp, I took this picture. These woodpeckers are all over the place.


So, onward.

1 comment:

  1. I do not think I would want to come across a boar as hear they can be aggressive and dangerous. Love the little woodpecker!
    I saw that mission years ago in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete