Monday, October 28, 2013

On Commitment and Some Ideas on How to Get There

Okay, I think there's a post that says I just signed up for BlogHer. They do a monthly challenge called NaBloPoMo, which involves blogging daily. Since my goal is to get into this habit, and since I'm horrible at follow through, I decided I just had to commit.

So, accountability. I hope you will nag me if I forget (or decide) not to blog. I find that in most things, a deadline and someone to yell at me if I miss it are essential. Maybe it was my twenty-plus years in journalism, but I do best when I know I have to produce.

Another reason for doing NaBloPoMo is that it happens in November, the NaNoWriMo month, and I'm just not up to NaNoWriMo right now. I've done it before, produced my first published book that way, and know that I can't handle it this month. It's just too much. Besides, I've got a book to get done and ready for December publication. But I figure a blog post a day is doable.

Of course, committing to doing a blog post every day means coming up with content everyday. To that end, I'm giving each day of the week some possible themes that hopefully will help me come up stuff to say. Or, I could just rant about politics, but some of you get enough of that from me on Facebook.

I won't share all the themes with you. You want to be surprised don't you? But I will tell you that the theme chosen for today is Memories. This means I'm going to be lazy and repost an oldie but goodie from another blog I had. Watch for it. It's the infamous Football and Theology post which had some folks snorting beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment